Our priority is to protect the wellbeing of our team members, guests and business partners alike during the prevailing Covid-19 era. Below we have outlined some of the new safety and sanitation measures being taken by The Landmark London once the hotel reopens so you know what you can expect on your journey with us.
There are four pillars to our approach:
- A Healthy Team: Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued team members safe. The team has been trained in the new cleanliness and hygiene standards and they are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed in this document.
- Enhanced Cleaning Measures: Our team have enhanced all cleaning procedures. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the hotel and we regularly sanitise all high-touch points, for example lifts, telephones, phone chargers, chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles, toilet seat/flusher and baby changing facilities.
- Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The team and guests will practise social distancing throughout the hotel. We will display social distancing markings with the use of barriers and ropes clearly outlining the recommended distancing between guests and staff. In line with government guidance, team members will wear all necessary PPE.
- Preventive Measures and Rapid Response: We will complete mandatory temperature checks on the team, with anyone unwell returning home. The hotel has systems in place to rapidly respond to and support anyone that falls ill, working with nearby health centres to deliver help quickly.
The Landmark London has been certified by the AA Covid Confident Accreditation after successful review of the necessary risk assessment, safety measures and team members training to reopen safely, in line with the UK’s government guidelines. Furthermore, our efforts and investment in our team member’s health and wellbeing has been recognised by the Mayor of London with the London Healthy Workplace Award.
- Online Check-in: For our guests, all check-in formalities will be completed prior to arrival at reception. In order to ensure a minimal check-in process, please disclose personal data with the hotel reservations team, at least, 24 hours prior to arrival, this will reduce contact time at reception. Where possible, we would recommend pre-payment is made.
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: : For our guests making new individual reservations for any future arrival date, changes or cancellations are permitted at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. This applies to all rates and packages booked on The Landmark London website, except for Advance Purchase bookings which are prepaid and non refundable. For reservations booked via online travel agents, please contact the booking provider for information on their individual policies.
- Arrival Time: to be communicated to the hotel at least 24 hours prior to arrival, this will allow the hotel to ensure social distancing is managed and respected.
- H&S Guidelines: will be sent prior arrival via email, so there is no need to discuss on arrival.
(applicable for Private Chauffeur – Pre Booked via Concierge – Not applicable for Black Cabs, Bolt, Uber or any other form of Taxi)
- PPE for Drivers: Our pre-booked drivers will wear PPE as outlined by local health guidelines. The front seat will not be used and where possible the driver will be segregated with a clear vinyl shield as per health regulations. Maximum number of guests inside the car will be 2 (must have travelled together) or 2 cars will be required.
- Disinfection of Vehicle’s Key High-Touch Points: The driver will disinfect the vehicles key high-touch points before arrival and again after drop off. These will include all areas in the back area of the car (passenger seats) including door handles (inside and outside), seat belt buckle, arm rests and boot handle. Cars will also receive weekly internal and external vehicle cleaning. All drivers will receive guidelines on cleaning vehicles (as per local health regulations)
- Hand Disinfection: All drivers will be instructed to use disinfection wipes when handling guest luggage and will also wash hands after dropping off guests and after loading / unloading luggage.
- Luggage Disinfection: Luggage will be disinfected after the guests consent. The luggage needs to remain locked / sealed at all times. Drivers will exercise caution when handling the luggage.
- Conversations: Drivers will respect Covid-19 regulations and will keep conversations to a minimum. When the regulations are relaxed our drivers will engage again with the guest using discreet conversations.
- Guest Amenities: The guest amenities offered in the car will be limited. There will be disposable, sanitising hand wipes available. Newspapers and magazines will be removed from all Chauffeur cars until further notice.
- Temperature Check: Doorman / hotel personnel will be wearing PPE and mandatory temperature checks may be performed at either of the hotel entrances.
- Hand Disinfection: Hand sanitiser dispensers will be available at both entrances and all guests entering the hotel will be asked to disinfect their hands upon entering the hotel.
- Febrile Guests: Any guest displaying a fever, high temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or 100.04 Fahrenheit will be politely directed to the closest hospital / medical facility. In the regrettable circumstances that you are displaying a high temperature you will not be allowed into the hotel.
- Luggage Disinfection: When handling our guests luggage we will use surface disinfecting wipes, ensure frequent disinfecting of the luggage trolleys. Our front of house team, will be wearing gloves.
- Provision of PPE to Guest on Arrival: In line with Government guidelines guests should arrive at the hotel with the required PPE
- Social Distancing: We have created social distancing markings with the use of barriers and ropes clearly outlining the recommended social distancing for the concierge desks, front desk and lifts. This will ensure the recommended distance is kept between guests in the main hotel lobby. Clear signage will be displayed in the lobby reminding the public of the UK health guidelines.
RECEPTION, CONCIERGE, GUEST SERVICES
- PPE for Receptionists & Porters: Where stipulated by local health guidelines, team members will wear protective gear.
- Social Distancing: We have created social distancing marking barriers and ropes clearly outlining the recommended social distancing for the concierge and front desk. This will ensure the recommended distance is kept between guests in the main hotel lobby.
- Hand Disinfection: Team members will comply with mandatory and regular hand washing and sanitisation.
- Sanitising of Equipment: Front Desk and frequently touched areas to be disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day and night.
- Touchless Interactions: Touchless payment options and e-mail receipts will be encouraged; Payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction. Our reservations team will be requesting pre-payment prior to your arrival.
- Key Cards: We will have the option available to open guest bedroom doors via an app and mobile phone. Alternatively, we will still have bedroom keys available which will be sanitised prior and post to being issued to our guests.
- PPE for Public Area Attendants: Our team members will wear protective equipment as required by local health guidelines; these guidelines will be enforced by management; our supervisors will monitor the proper use of PPE; PPE will be replaced and sanitised as necessary.
- Hotel Sanitation: We will display signage in public areas to remind our guests and visitors to observe social distancing, hand washing / hand-sanitising.
- Social Distancing: We will rearrange furniture in our public areas in such a way that it allows for proper social distancing. We have implemented a one-way traffic policy in the hotel public areas, guests will only be allowed to enter the hotel by the south entrance in Marylebone Road and exit by the north entrance located opposite Marylebone Station.
- Restrooms: We will provide an alternative to hand dryers e.g. hand towels along with a touch free area to place used items.
- Soft Furnishings: Our soft furnishings will be steamed periodically.
- Business Centre: We will limit the number of resident guests who use the centre; regular disinfecting of the desks, chairs, equipment and other key high-touch points will be carried out.
- Social Distancing: Clear signage will be displayed to avoid overcrowding in lifts.
- Hand Disinfection: A touchless hand sanitiser stand will be available next to lifts.
- Sanitation: We will sanitise high-touch point areas in the lifts, especially operating buttons, with suitable virus killing chemicals.
- PPE for Room Attendants: All our room attendants will wear protective equipment as required by local health guidelines.
- Sanitation: We will sanitise all high-touch points e.g. telephones, phone chargers, chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles, toilet seat/flusher, baby changing facilities.
- Hotel Sanitation Guidelines: Our hygiene guidelines will be displayed on the home page of in room TV system in guest rooms.
- Housekeeping Service: Our accommodations service will be flexible on timings in order to minimise person-to-person exposure.
- Bed Linen & Towels: Linen will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins.
- In-Room Sanitation: Frequently touched areas will be disinfected regularly e.g. telephone, remote control, handles, toilet seat/flusher, faucets, shower controls, kettle, light switches, air conditioning control panel, shoe horn, clothes brush, hair dryer, minibar door, bottle opener, safe.
- Utensils: Dirty glassware, china and silverware in guestrooms will be sanitised accordingly.
- Vacuum Cleaners: We will replace the dust bags every four days, regardless whether they are full or not.
- Bins: We will sanitise bins with appropriate disinfecting chemicals.
- Ventilation: Each time a bedroom is serviced; we will ensure it is ventilated by opening window(s) – where applicable
- Soft Furnishings: We will steam furnishings periodically.
RESTAURANTS, BAR & IN ROOM DINING
- PPE for Team Members: Our team members will wear protective gear as required by local health guidelines.
- Hands Disinfection: Mandatory hand sanitation will be enforced for our team members. Hand sanitiser will be readily available to our team in the back of the house.
- Social Distancing – Entrance: We will place discreet, yet visible areas to maintain social distancing.
- Social Distancing – Dining Room: We will reduce the number of tables to maintain social distancing guidelines. Tables will be appropriately set apart from each other. Team members will apply appropriate distancing when interacting with guests and each other.
- Table & Chairs Disinfection: Linen will continue to be changed after each party has left and laundered as per our hygiene standards. Table tops and chair arms will be disinfected after each party has left. The placemats will be changed and disinfected after each party has left.
- Service Style: We will only provide ‘A La Carte’ service for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner but some cold items may be available for hand collection by guests. We will minimise exposure in guest rooms as much as possible or offer guest contactless delivery by leaving tables/trays outside the room after ringing the doorbell and announcing delivery. All food items will be covered in transit.
- Salt & Pepper Cruets: We will remove salt & pepper cruets and any other condiments e.g. Tabasco, ketchup, etc. but offer these as served by the team members serving our guests. For in room dining service, we will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practices on items such as salt & pepper cruets, flower vase, hot boxes, trays, etc.
- Menus: Digital menus will be provided via QR code. Single use, disposable menus will also be made available. Where possible in our bedrooms we will load the menu onto the TV system.
- Food Safety: We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practices across all areas of the hotel.
- Menu Planning: Initially we will run limited menus for quality assurance. We will not facilitate buffets at this time and we will adjust our menu offer accordingly and as necessary.
- Ventilation: We will ventilate all restaurant outlets after each meal period.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- PPE for Waiters & Hostesses: Our team members will wear protective gear as required by local health guidelines and maintain and adhere to Government guidelines concerning social distancing. All team members handling any meeting material or furniture will wear gloves.
- Hand Disinfection: Mandatory hand sanitation will be provided with the help of touch-less hand sanitiser dispensers at the entrance of each meeting room; also wet wipe stations will be available within all meeting rooms. Hand sanitiser will be available to team members in the back of house areas.
- Social Distancing Meeting Rooms: We will reduce the capacity of each of our meeting rooms. A revised capacity chart has been produced with different meeting layouts to include social distancing guidelines. For further information about our event rooms capacities please contact our team via email: email@example.com
- Service Style: We will provide individually portioned served food & beverages. We will enforce social distancing whilst guests are in line to obtain hot / cold beverage / food. Some cold items may be available for hand collection by guests.
- Leather Blotters: We will continue to use our leather blotters with disposable paper; we will replace the paper after each meeting; All pencils will be disinfected after each meeting, though attendees will be encouraged to bring their own pens or pencils.
- Meeting Room Sanitation: We will sanitise all key high-touch points e.g. telephones, projectors, remote control, door/ handles, light switches, flip charts & markers, etc, after each meeting and during breaks
- Waste: We will provide touch free open topped bin with plastic liner, in all registration areas. These will be emptied periodically and disinfected.
- Ventilation: Whilst each meeting room is serviced, we will ensure it is well-ventilated by opening window(s) where possible.
- PPE for Team members: Our team members will wear protective gear as required by local health guidelines. (i.e. masks, gloves, face shields)
- Social Distancing: We will rearrange furniture / in such way that allows for proper social distancing. We will place discreet, yet visible markings on the floor & ropes and posts to assist in maintaining social distancing;
- Disinfection of Furniture: Our furniture will be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
SPA & HEALTH CLUB
- H&S Guidelines: Thorough and easy-to-follow safety guidelines will be displayed by the spa entrance.
- Social Distancing: Please note that all guests, including hotel residents and spa members, will need to call the spa reception on +44 20 7631 8010 to book a time slot between: 7am-8.30am 9 am-11am, 12pm-2pm, 3pm-5pm, 6-8pm. The time in between the appointments will be used to clean the entire spa. Due to the high demand, we can only book 30-45 minutes appointments.
- Swimming Pool: Up to 4 guests will be allowed in the pool at the same time from two different households, maximum of two persons per household.
- Steam Rooms and Sanarium: Will remain closed until further notice.
- Jacuzzi: A maximum of 2 guests will be allowed to use the Jacuzzi at the same time.
- Gym: A maximum of 3 guests will be allowed to use the gym at the same time.
- Changing Rooms: A maximum of 2 guests will be allowed in the changing rooms at the same time.
- Hand Disinfection: Touchless hand sanitiser dispensers will be placed at the entrance and in the changing rooms. All guests entering the spa will be asked to disinfect their hands.
- Sanitisation: EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants will be used to clean all communal areas (waiting areas, locker rooms, etc.), with special attention made to all high-touch points. All soft surfaces will be cleaned with hospital-grade anti-microbial disinfectant and water. Cleaning products with a minimum of 80% isopropyl alcohol will be used to disinfect all steam rooms, and temperatures will be adjusted to mitigate the spread of viruses. All therapy tools will be washed, disinfected and properly stored after each client. Fitness machines will be disinfected every hour and guests will be asked to wipe the machine after its use.
- Treatment rooms sanitisation: frequently touched areas will continue to be disinfected before and after each treatment e.g. tools, handles, switches, surfaces, etc.
- PPE for Team Members and Guests: will be requested to wear protective gear as required by local health guidelines.
- Shoe protection: the use of overshoe bags will be mandatory for team members and guests inside the pool area.
- Towels and Bathrobes: will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins.
BACK OF HOUSE
- Temperature Check: We will complete mandatory health checks prior to arrival and temperature checks on team members upon arriving at work. Team members running a temperature of more than 37° C, with/without COVID 19 symptoms will be sent home and theirs status will be reported to Management.
- COVID-19 Symptoms: Any team member suffering from sore throat, dry cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, vomiting and / or diarrhoea will be asked to remain at home and self isolate for a minimum of 14 days
- Hand Disinfection: Mandatory hand washing and sanitation will be enforced for our team members. Hand sanitiser will be readily available for team members.
- Social Distancing: All team members will comply with the 2 metre social distancing rules.
- We will stagger team member shifts where possible to enforce social distancing. 15-minute slots will prevent overcrowding in the locker rooms and rest rooms;
- We will rearrange our workspaces to adhere to social distancing regulations.
- We will ensure that H&S instructions, including the number of team members allowed at one time, are placed inside each service lift and are easily visible.
- Our service lift floors will have markings with directions, so that team members do not face each other and maintain social distancing; where possible, we will implement a one-way traffic in service corridors.
- Working from home: We will review and implement ‘working from home’, within reason and alteration of shift patterns to limit the contact with others
- Key High-Touch Points: Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly, e.g. tables and chairs, door handles, light switches, telephones, keyboard, mouse, hot water kettle, printer/copier/scanner, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE: Team members will be given PPE as indicated by Company Policy and/or local health guidelines; supervisors will monitor the correct use of PPE. PPE will be replaced and disinfected as required.
- Changing of Uniforms: Fresh uniforms (e.g. items that directly touch the skin such as shirt, blouse, or chef’s jackets/aprons) will be provided to all team members as required.
- Worn Uniforms: Worn uniforms will be deposited to uniform room after the shift.
- Wash Hand Basins: Wash hand basins will be fully equipped with necessary utilities; hot water, antibacterial wash and disposable towels. We will also ensure that all our bins are disinfected daily.
- Hand Sanitiser: Hand sanitisers will be located at strategic points.
- Personal Hygiene Education: We are displaying prominent signage, affixed in conspicuous areas including notice boards reminding team members to enforce strict cough etiquette, hand washing and hand sanitisation.
- Outer Clothing and Personal Belongings: These items will be kept inside lockers. Changing rooms will be thoroughly disinfected daily.
- Occupational Health Nurse: Medical assistance will be available upon request
- Meetings: We will move furniture and chairs to adhere to social distancing regulations; hand sanitiser will be readily available; we will ensure proper ventilation e.g. open door / window if meeting lasts for more than 30 minutes; we will continue to disinfect table tops and chair arms after each meeting and during breaks where appropriate.
- Receipt of Goods: In line with HACCP standards, any food transported in dirty containers or dirty vehicles will be rejected and the delivery of loose food discouraged. Hand sanitiser will be available for team member and supplier use. We will remove and discard outer packaging of food deliveries, fresh, frozen and dry goods and decant into sanitised containers / shelving prior to being taken into refrigerators, freezers and store rooms.
- Suppliers: All our suppliers deliver as per scheduled times and are not allowed to unload their products at the same time; in order for social distancing to the observed; our suppliers and drivers are not allowed to proceed beyond the demarcation line.
- Waste Collection: Our waste collection is scheduled in order that it does not coincide with linen and food deliveries. Bins will be washed and sanitised following collections.
- Kitchen Visitors: We will impose a restricted visitor entry to all kitchens for non kitchen / stewarding / food service personnel. PPE of gowns, masks and gloves must be worn by any visitors.
- Vegetable and Fruit Sanitisation: We will ensure proper cleaning of fruit and vegetables using approved sanitising agents where appropriate.
- Kitchen Sanitation: Our operational kitchens will continue to be cleaned and sanitised at more frequent intervals as dictated by hotel cleaning schedules. We will use an approved COVID-19 sanitiser.
- Disinfection of Food Equipment, Utensils and Tools: We will clean and sanitise all food production equipment, preparation surfaces and all touch points frequently and as required.
- Sterilisation of Glassware, China and Utensils: These are washed in our state of the art dishwashers and sanitised during rinse cycle of 82°C. Team members handling equipment after will be wearing gloves and all equipment will be stored in a sanitised environment.