Feeling fabulous head to toe with our luxury pedicure
Thursday 16th April 2020
Who is speaking?
Hida Shuleta, our Spa Manager at The Landmark London.
She specifically tried this partner in pedicure at home with her daughter and they had so much fun doing it.
“There is one rule, above all others. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.” Robert Jordan
Walking, running, wearing heels, wearing flats, dancing and being in closed shoes all day long, our feet are tired and need a luxury retreat as well!
While our feet stay comfortably under the table, why not offer them a new youth?
There is no better sensation in the world than feeling clean, pampered and glamorous from head to toe.
Call your flat mate, sister, mum or partner to the rescue and follow the steps of our expert for the perfect feet ritual.
What do you need?
- One foot bowl (each) with warm water and foot cleanser
- Small towels
- Pedicure set: nail filer, nail cutter, cuticle stick, nail polish, nail polish remover
- Nail polish, base coat and top coat nail polish
- Foot rasp file
- Cuticle oil
- Body scrub
- A big smile, one scented candle or even your favourite music in the background
Oops I am missing some of the listed items, what should I do?
Do not panic ,we do not all have luxury spa utensils at home.
For example, instead of a foot cream you can apply a regular rich body cream on your feet.
If you do not have any cuticle oil you should substitute it with jojoba oil, olive oil, or even coconut oil.
In case you do not have a cuticle stick, you can always use your hands to push back the skin.
Step by step
- Remove any pre-applied nail polish.
- Soak your feet in the foot bowl with warm water and foot cleanser.
- Take one foot out and cut, file toenails to the shape of your choice.
- Use your body scrub in your hands and scrub your feet then give it a rinse.
- Use a foot rasp file to remove any callous skin.
- Apply cuticle oil and put your foot back into the foot bowl, repeat this process with your other foot.
- When both feet are done soaking, take out your first foot out and use a cuticle stick to push back your cuticles then repeat the process with the other foot.
- Remove both feet from the foot bowl, dry with a towel and apply a foot cream.
- Wipe away any excess oil from the polish remover, apply your base nail polish on both feet.
- Begin coating with nail polish, apply two coats of nail polish and finish off with top coat to seal off the nail polish, it will last longer.
Here you are, now dancing on your beautiful and luxurious feet, make sure you are very careful once your nail polish is applied, stay seated and let it dry for at least 15 minutes. Nobody wants to see all their efforts ruined by being too in too much of a hurry.
Relax and take the time to enjoy the experience. Why not combine it with a refreshing green tea, a gossiping session on the phone or together with a partner?