Michelin starred Chef Mark Poynton at the Winter Garden – A taste of Alimentum –
Blazing a trail from Cambridge to the capital, Mark Poynton is set to ignite London’s food scene.
For three weeks only, the Chef Patron of the newly Michelin-starred Alimentum in Cambridge will be whipping up a gourmet storm at the five-star Landmark London’s Winter Garden restaurant.
Every Tuesday to Saturday evening from 20th November until 8th December, Mark will be showcasing the unique, cutting-edge gastronomy that earned him his first Michelin star in the 2013 guide and three AA Rosettes in 2008.
Mark has created three menus for the Winter Garden. The à la carte will feature Alimentum’s signature dishes with a choice of four starters, mains and desserts. Using only the freshest, most seasonal ingredients, exciting dishes include chicken wings, roast scallop, pumpkin, chestnut and bacon to start; pan fried halibut, squash purée, pumpkin seeds, creamed cabbage and trompette for main; and Perl Las ice cream, Waldorf textures, semi dried pickled grapes to finish.
For the full Alimentum experience, the six-course tasting menu is a must and includes innovative creations named simply as carrot, goats’ curd, tarragon; venison, sprout leaves, potato and earl grey; and baked yoghurt, cherry and pistachio. Both menus reflect Alimentum’s philosopy of offering the highest quality food at value-for-money prices at £45 for three courses (à la carte) and £65 for the tasting menu.
True gourmands are guaranteed be excited by the ten-course ‘blind’ tasting menu, created exclusively for the Winter Garden. Having given any dietary requirements, likes and dislikes to the maitre d’, guests will be left in the chef’s more than capable hands. Mark will serve a tantalising succession of seasonal dishes to provoke the senses, ensuring a truly memorable experience.
Mark comments: “This is a great opportunity and I’m excited to be coming to the Winter Garden and working with their team of chefs. Having just won our first Michelin star, I’m really looking forward to showing Londoners what we’re all about.”
Situated in the heart of the Marylebone hotel, beneath a soaring eight-storey glass roof atrium, the Winter Garden provides an impressive setting for Mark’s contemporary food.
Whilst Mark is cooking at the Winter Garden, The Landmark London will be offering an exclusive accommodation package to celebrate his residency. Enjoy the Alimentum six-course tasting menu, an overnight stay in one of the hotel’s most luxurious guest rooms and a traditional English breakfast from £390 for two.
The Winter Garden, The Landmark London, 222 Marylebone Road, London NW1 6JQ
For reservations for the Winter Garden please call +44 (0) 20 7631 8000
or email email@example.com
For room reservations please call +44 (0) 20 7631 8222
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ends -
For more information on Mark Poynton/Alimentum and interviews please contact Abigail Salmon or Rochelle Cohen at Roche Communications on 020 7436 1111
For more information on the Winter Garden/Landmark London please contact
Louise Swanne or Jacinta Goulter at Riva PR on 0207 629 2899
Notes to editors:
About Mark Poynton/Alimentum
- Mark fell into the catering industry by luck after getting a job as a part time waiter aged 15. In January 1997 he started his life as a chef at the Queen Hotel in Chester. He spent one year there with Executive Chef Ian Mcdowall, after which they both moved to Shrigley Hall Hotel in Pott Shrigley.
- Mark then spent 18 months at the local Michelin-starred restaurant Juniper in Altrincham before moving to Daniel Clifford’s Midsummer House in Cambridge where he worked his way up from Chef de Partie to Head Chef during which time the restaurant gained two Michelin stars, four AA rosettes, and 7/10 in the Good Food Guide. After 7 years with Daniel, Mark decided to go it alone and moved to Alimentum (also in Cambridge) in April 2008. The restaurant gained three AA rosettes after just one year.
- Mark was promoted to Chef Patron in 2010, gaining a spot in The Good Food Guide’s Top 60 List in the same year.
- Alimentum also has an Innovation Award and Good Business Award from the RSPCA for its animal welfare practices.
- Alimentum has just been awarded its first Michelin star in the 2013 Michelin Guide to Great Britain and Ireland.
Alimentum, 152-154 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PB
About the Winter Garden:
- The Winter Garden has a sophisticated yet welcoming atmosphere and proudly offers a memorable dining experience throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
- Awarded 2 AA Rosettes under Head Chef Maarten Geschwindt.
- Proud member of the Tea Guild, recognising the Winter Garden’s award winning afternoon tea.
- During Mark Poynton’s residency, the restaurant will serve Mark’s menus at dinner only. The Winter Garden’s usual lunch, breakfast and afternoon tea service will remain.
About The Landmark London:
- The five-star Landmark London, a member of Leading Hotels of the World, is a luxurious haven in the heart of Marylebone.
- It was the last of the great railway hotels and is housed in a stunning 19th century building that is home to a variety of room types, the most flexible suite configuration in the capital, and several of London’s truly memorable restaurants and bars.
- The exclusive accommodation package from £390 (inclusive of 20% VAT) runs from Tuesday 20th November until Saturday 8th December and includes: Alimentum six course tasting menu for two, overnight stay in luxurious guest room, traditional English breakfast for two.