We understand that whilst creating opportunities to generate greater value for our shareholders, it is vital to foster sustainable development and make a positive difference in the communities in which we live and work.The Landmark London Hotel embraces this policy through the creation of the ‘Green Team’ who is formed by a group of team members at all levels and departments and are in charge of keeping this policy alive through different initiates and activities. Every team member who wishes to become part of the ‘green Team’ is welcome to do so.
The organisation is committed to acting responsibly, and to protect the environment. All employees are required to:
- Recycle materials wherever possible
- Not print off e-mails unnecessarily
- Consider the ethical stance of suppliers before placing orders
- Dispose of any chemicals responsibly and carefully
- Think about the impact of their actions on the local community
As part of our pledge to social responsibility, we have chosen to work with two charities through a £1.00 donation programme kindly donated by our guests during their stay. The £1.00 donation is split in half between two charities:
- Springboard Charity, which aims to raise awareness regarding hospitality industry among young adults. The aim is to raise vital funds to help young disadvantaged people develop the skills, confidence and motivation to secure sustainable employment in hospitality, leisure and tourism in the UK.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital since July 2014.
2014 is also the "International Family Farming Year" and The Landmark London has been involved with Lendwithcare, which is one of the world’s leading aid and development organisations. Lendwithcare provides microfinance services to help the poorest earn a living, grow their businesses and create new jobs, pulling whole communities out of poverty. The Landmark London organised a Recycling Day at the hotel and raised £200.00 to support one of the farming projects.
For more information please follow this link https://www.landmarklondon.co.uk/en/landmark-london-environmental-policy