The Landmark strives to provide unrivalled standards of service and quality, a feature that is recognised by The Landmark being a three-time winner of Visit London's Best Hotel in London award.
The Landmark encompasses 300 of London's largest guest rooms, three restaurants and bars and a fully equipped health club and spa. The hotel is a major conference and banqueting venue that can cater for up to 500 people for a cocktail reception in one of its ten versatile function rooms. The main feature of the hotel is the stunning 8-storey glass atrium, finished with a mixture of Eastern flair and modern British features.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK.
Front Office Supervisor
We are currently looking to recruit a Front Office Supervisor to join our Front Office team. The ideal candidate will have to be willing to learn and eager to adhere to a high 5-star standards and deliver memorable experiences to our guests. Our Front Office Supervisor will also be a strong team player with the ability to lead the front office team to the highest standards as set out by Leading Hotels of the world. Our Front Office Supervisor will remain calm and positive under pressure and have excellent attention to detail. Knowledge of another language is also desirable. Our Front Office Supervisor will be a positive, motivated individual that will report directly to the Assistant Front Office Manager and Front Office Manager and be flexible and willing to take up any challenge that comes his/her way.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To always put guests ‘first’, ensuring at all times to meet and exceed their expectations and needs.
- To ensure all team members are welcoming guests by their name, once it has been established.
- To exercise empowerment in handling guest complaints, and taking corrective action, such as allowing certain charges off the guest's account. Recording this action in the guest's history and reporting it to Front Office Management when needed.
- To accurately complete check-ins and checkouts according to established procedures.
- To brief the team at the beginning of each shift about the reservation situation, any special arrivals, VIPs, special occasions, and functions in the hotel.
- To supervise the Front Office Clerks in their work, ensuring maximum performance, good time keeping and ensuring they are displaying company behaviours at all times.
- To control the allocation of rooms and suites, ensuring all requests are met, and that guests are accommodated in the minimum possible time.
- To be responsible for cash floats, reporting shortages/overages to the Front Office Manager, Assistant Director of Rooms and the General Cashier.
- To be conversant with the PMS reservation system, control and take daily reservations. Maintaining a current and accurate count of rooms sold and rooms available. Communicate any deviations and courses of action to the Revenue Centre.
You will work with a dedicated and friendly team, and you will be passionate about your work and have the desire to progress your career in a leading five star hotel.