Administration & Support
The Landmark strives to provide unrivalled standards of service and quality, a feature that is recognised by The Landmark being a three-time winner of Visit London's Best Hotel in London award.
The Landmark encompasses 300 of London's largest guest rooms, three restaurants and bars and a fully equipped health club and spa. The hotel is a major conference and banqueting venue that can cater for up to 500 people for a cocktail reception in one of its ten versatile function rooms. The main feature of the hotel is the stunning 8-storey glass atrium, finished with a mixture of Eastern flair and modern British features.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Switchboard Operator to join our Switchboard team. The ideal candidate will have experience within a 4* or 5* property in a similar role and be responsible for providing the highest level of service to our guests.
As part of our Switchboard team you will also demonstrate strong team player skills with high level of flexibility and adaptability to different requests. Our Switchboard Operator will remain calm and positive under pressure and have excellent attention to detail. Knowledge of another language is also desirable.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To answer all calls with a friendly and warm manner and tone.
- To keep the PBX area clean and orderly at all times.
- Ensure all documentation is filed correctly, with attention to details.
- Be fully aware of all roles within the department to cover any absences if necessary (day & night).
- Encourage a good working environment in the Switchboard where hospitality is delivered consistently for internal and external customers.
- Produce exceptionally well executed guests’ correspondence.
- To assist in the training of new employees on console for operators and all casual staff where needed.